Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Me, Myself and……..my Ridley Bike.

Me, Myself and……..my Ridley Bike,

Monday morning, get up at 6 to go to work. Don’t dress to impress, but get ready to ride to work. Jump on my Ridley bike and the adrenaline is pumping in my veins. The city is still asleep and it is just me, myself and my Ridley Bike. Once crossed the city centre, only big cycling roads in the middle of the corn fields are my companion. The only noise you can hear are the whistling birds, the wind blowing in my face, the sound of my wheels rolling over the smooth surface of the tarmac and my pounding heartbeat.Sun sets in the East, a lovely orange glow colors the sky. And it is still me, myself and my Ridley bike. No traffic jams, no pollution, the only thing I feel are the drops of sweat on the front of my head, my respiration and my legs that spin the crank to reach the speed of a pro rider. The closer I get to the office, more sweat,heavier respiration and the faster I go.

But still me, myself and my Ridley bike. Mission completed, I reached Ridley Bikes HQ.

25 K of pure joy and entertainment. And ready for another day in the Ridley office. What more can you ask for on a morning ? Ring ring, there goes my telephone.

- “Hello ?”

- Ridley Bikes, Jan speaking”

- “Hey, this is Stybar speaking. How are you today ?”

- “I am fine thanks, how can I help you ?”

- “Can I pick up my cyclo cross bikes today ?”

- “Of course you can, they are ready to be picked up”

There is no finish line at Ridley Bikes, only challenges, new technology, the fastest bike in the world and the fantastic atmosphere and colleagues that make my ride worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. 2010 has been a Ridley year for me. I built up my X-Fire in December and have over 5,000 miles this year on it already.

    http://noracer.bimjournals.com/

    ReplyDelete