Friday, July 16, 2010

Another sneak preview befor the holiday: The Fandrien


It’s the last week before our annual Holiday.
During the end of July we close the company for 2 weeks. It’s very strange but those 2 weeks I make more mileage on my bike then normally in half a year.
Every year I go to the south of France and ride my bike in the mountains. I love to ride in the sun, I love to climb, for me it’s the perfect bicycle environment. For a lot of Belgians it’s a bit crazy that people love to come to Belgium and ride their bikes on our cobble roads, in cold weather with some (or a lot of) rain. I think it’s mainly because we are used to cobble roads and we have rain and bad weather all the time. But I can imagine somebody who only saw the Tour of Flanders on tv, with those “warriors” on their bikes flying over the cobbles all dirty, soaked, … as a cyclist you need to experience that feeling at least once. For us it’s all day life, it’s like we say in our catalogue etc the center where we developed our bikes.
Anyway I am happy I can go to the sun and the mountains to ride my bike. It the perfect preparation for the Spa 24 hours an important car race I am participating in at the end of the month and where I have to defend my last year’s victory.
For those who have holiday enjoy the sun, rain, … whatever, … but far more important enjoy your bike rides ;)
….

Obviously as in September we launch our new catalogue and I gave a sneak preview last time, here one of my personal favorites in the 2011 range: The Ridley Helium FLANDRIEN: designed to withstand the most brutal races on earth, the Classics ;) Every detail has been chosen with the traditional classic’s rider in mind (high mileage comfort and durability).

2 comments:

  1. great bike ;) what's the weight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have sweet trip to Southern France Anthony! Hope you enjoy some good days on the bike!!

    ReplyDelete